Since 1922, First Liturgy in Kyzikos, September, 2015
Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew celebrates the Liturgy in year 2015 for first time after 93 years at the Monastery of Panagia Faneromeni at Artaki, Kyzikos.
The monastery was built in 12th century and there was housed the miraculous icon of the Mother of God the revealed one (Faneromeni). The icon was housed there until 1922 when the Orthodox were forced out of the region. Taking the icon with them, the people went to Constantinople, and the holy icon was placed in the Church of Saint George in the Patriarchate where it remains till this day.